The Safest and The Most Versatile Phytonutrient
Curcumin C3 Complex®, Sabinsa’s branded and patented product has received—Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) status after a comprehensive review of safety and toxicology data by an independent panel of scientists with international repute.
Curcumin C3 Complex® is the only Curcumin in the market that has been reviewed and acknowledged by the USFDA for its GRAS status.
Excerpts from USFDA’s GRAS Notification on Curcumin C3 Complex®
- Curcumin C3 Complex® is intended for use as a flavoring agent (flavor enhancer) and as an antioxidant in various food categories, such as baked goods, soups, snack foods, imitation dairy products and seasonings & flavours
- An independent panel of recognized experts, qualified by their scientific training and relevant national and international experience to evaluate the safety of food and food ingredients, was convened to determine the safety of Curcumin C3 Complex® used as a food ingredient to provide consumers with a source of Curcumin in their diets
- A comprehensive search of the scientific literature and critical evaluation of the pertinent data and information for safety and toxicity information on Curcumin, its oleoresin and turmeric was conducted before determining GRAS status for Curcumin C3 Complex®
- Expert Panel members have individually and collectively concluded that Curcumin C3 Complex®, meeting the required food grade specifications and is GRAS under the conditions of its intended use
- Finally, based on the information provided by Sabinsa, as well as other information available to FDA, the agency had no questions regarding Sabinsa's conclusion that curcuminoids is GRAS under the intended conditions
For further details... Click here